Local Job Postings
Job Listings Outside of the Wesley
Please click on the contact button under the job listing you are interested in.
Music Director Job Description For Blue Mound United Methodist Church
Blue Mound United Methodist Church is a 120-year-old congregation located on I-35 in Denton, with an average attendance of 50 on Sunday mornings.
Purpose: The part-time Director of Music for Blue Mound United Methodist Church will be responsible for all church music, including selection of special music for each Sunday worship service. These responsibilities will include weekly worship planning with the pastor, hymn selection, and leadership in a traditional worship service.
- Displays a love for and belief in Jesus Christ
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry calling and not a job
- Models standards and expectations of Christian leadership
- Skilled in vocal and instrument use and direction
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Music Director will be responsible to, and work closely with, the senior pastor.
- Music Director must be a professing Christian and maintain active participation in Christian Community and be supportive of all ministries of Blue Mound UMC.
- Music Director will work closely with the musicians, other staff members to maintain and grow the church music program.
- Music Director will plan, coordinate and implement the music program, with the pastor, for the worship service each Sunday (10:45 a.m. service), plus special services which include Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve and other services that may be necessary. This includes leading all hymns during worship services.
- Rehearse music with accompanists prior to Sunday morning activities.
- Keep the church and community informed of music activities.
- Explore, plan and implement additional worship offerings with the senior pastor; such as, Choir and Uncommon Ground services.
- Create and manage the Audio and Visual presentation for worship each week. This includes recruiting and training volunteers to run slides and the soundboard.
- It is expected that the Music Director will devote approximately 30 hours monthly with the music program, resulting in $300 in compensation each month.
- The Music Director will get one Sunday off during the summer months and one Sunday off during the months of September through May (Christmas eve and Easter are required). A replacement music leader will be secured by the Music Director to cover those Sundays. Any other time off will be granted at the discretion of the pastor.
Send resumes to Pastor Jacob Fields via email Pastor@bluemoundumc.org. Email or call 940-320-9492 for more information.