Local Job Postings
Job Listings Outside of the Wesley
If you are looking for a job, use the contact information to contact that place personally. If you need to post a job, please send an email with the title, description of duties, and a contact to email@example.com
Oak Grove United Methodist Church
Job Description – Nursery Attendant
- You will be responsible to the Director of Children’s Ministries or if there is no director, the Pastor and accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC.)
- Be on time. Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
- Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents.
- Provide activities for all age levels during childcare. Offer and provide for the
emotional, physical and social needs of the children.
- Maintain a warm, safe environment that is appealing, clean and orderly.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteer Nursery Assistants to maintain the required adult/child ratio.
- Provide any care a child may need including hand washing, diaper changes, etc.
- Prepare and serve snack and/or meals as needed
- Keep the room clean and tidy, including sanitizing toys and surfaces in the crib room and proper disposal of diapers.
- Upon departure take our trash containing soiled material.
- Fill in for Sunday School or Children’s Church assistants if needed.
- If a specific curriculum is put in place for Sunday Nursery, Attendants are responsible
for following this curriculum and providing a Christian environment for all youth
The position is approximately 3 hours a week. The compensation will be discussed during the interview.
The Nursery Attendant is responsible for all duties as listed above as well as any other needs our staff or children may have.
Dress code for this position is casual but appropriate attire. Jeans and t-shirts are acceptable as long as they do not have holes, stains, tears, etc. Shorts of appropriate length are acceptable during the summer.
In the event that no children need childcare during a scheduled event, Nursery Attendant is still required to remain on church property the entire length of the scheduled shift.
In the event of illness or unplanned absence it is your responsibility to contact the Chair of the SPRC or the Pastor as soon as you know you won’t be able to come.
Qualifications, Skills and Gifts
- Background experience in child care or early childhood development.
- Evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
- Certification preferred; Ministry Safe training and infant/child CPR required
- Must be 18 years of age or older in order to comply with Ministry Safe guidelines.
- Experience in working with/being responsible for volunteers is desirable.
Please contact Judy Rylander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-305 -8134, 940- 365 -9530.